Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Your voice is so.. Texty!

What is happening to society these days? Has the time past where letters in the mail, calling on the phone to talk to your friends or loved ones till you fall asleep.. Really gone?
My concern comes from Social sites and dating websites where communication has become nothing but simply sitting behind a smart device such as a phone or a computer making it easy to "chat" to other people anywhere in the country or the world right from where your sitting, laying, dozing or showering.

There is no voice, maybe a random photo of a person who could very well be fake or photoshopped.. And written words of randomness.

Take a dating site for example. Nothing in particular although there are a few. Now you spend hours creating a profile about yourself, your likes and dislikes, you post a photo and write a bio of yourself. Someone reads it, likes it and you start chatting. You could chat for weeks, months even.. Then maybe you might exchange phone numbers.... Only to continue texting!!??????

The saying I have always lived by is "Actions speak louder then words".. But texting and emailing can only be so much before people crave the closeness and comfort of a voice in their ear. I don't see a smart phone or a mac computer with extendable hands to reach out and give one a hug when we are feeling blue. But is that the next thing to come out?

I want to hear my friends voices.. Actually laugh and hear them laughing.. None of this LOL or Haha, HeHe.. PMSL or ROTFL.. I want to actually catch up with my friends and see them, hang out with them.. Bond with them. Is that too much to ask?

Texting, Emailing, Chatting are simple quick alternatives allowing people to hide behind something. It's what allows online bullies and bullying to continue to evolve. I sure know that if anyone put a threat out there to "meet someone" to "fight" face to face.. It wouldn't be accepted. So why do it in the first place.

I hate having text conversations. Simple ones I don't mind.. But stories and chatting long term make my thumbs sore and the temptation to "text and drive", say, more elevated!

I don't know why society and modern tech had made it quiet so easy. I know I for one am much more traditional and would prefer to be sitting at a BBQ or over a few drinks chatting with my friends.

When I pass away... Can someone please make sure my mobile is with me.. Id like to "text home" once in a while to make sure everyone knows I'm ok.

TNT

A xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment